Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Through the nationwide COVID-19 reaction, our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail is likely to be significantly paid off.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your immigration that is own record
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance policies, information, or communications.
We will publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the response faster, keep our workforce safe, and lower the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Underneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance USCIS policies, information, or communications.
- Go to the USCIS Electronic researching area to verify we now have not already posted the records you may need.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you will need, even as we can get back requests that are precise.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Get the demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your request; and
- Be notified whenever we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from a phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to a different individual; and
- Print and download.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of one’s FOIA documents request
Look at the Check Request reputation web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which are significantly more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents with respect to a known person in Congress
Immigration records by practices except that our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail will postpone our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
You should if you need to request records by mail:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which contains your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these practices will demand you:
Available records under part 508 regarding the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- A telephone number where you are able to be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We will contact you to definitely help.
The more accurate you create your demand, the greater effectively the records can be returned by us you want.
You can examine the status of an FOIA that is existing in the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, so it’s prone to go quickly.
Involved request, therefore our review will most likely just take a significant length of time.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand additional time than an ask for a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, as you have actually a planned hearing having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must consist of a duplicate of just one associated with forms that are following granted by the Department of Homeland protection or Department of Justice, together with your demand:
Should you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please look at the web site for the working office of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and federal agencies.
USCIS won’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to create your demand into the right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa demands from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
When you have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you could:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can only just respond to questions about FOIA/PA needs. We can not assistance with pending applications, petitions, or just about any other kind of immigration matter.